Sunday, March 30, 2014

Diving In

If you don't know, SourceForge hosts thousands of open source development projects.  So, I've thrown my hat into the ring to see if anyone wants a newbie Java developer with advanced database skills.  We will see if I get any takers.  To see my "Project Wanted" post, click here.

The problem I found when trying to get involved is that the number or projects is overwhelming and the descriptions of what is needed leave something to be desired.  I guess I expected the "Programmers Wanted" section to look more like the job postings you see on Monster.com or CareerBuilder.com.  Instead, they tended to be vague, "Looking for developers with experience in Java, MySQL, JSP."

Well, I did find one project that I might be a suitable match.  I've sent my request to the project admin.  Only time will tell if I found a niche.  In the meantime, I'm going back to working on my own project.

No comments:

Post a Comment